Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Favs

Oh, hey Friday.  I'm so happy to see you again.  We have a pretty open weekend ahead, which is a lovely change.  Linking up with Momfessionals to share some of my favs today.

Momfessionals


ONE.  These babies were delivered last week, and I am obsessed.  I opened them up, put them on and wore them to dinner, if that tells you anything about my excitement level.  They were so comfortable and easy to wear.  Love, love, love.  
via Nordstrom

TWO.  I am so pumped about the Scandal and Parenthood season premiers next week!  Griff and I watch Scandal together, but Parenthood is all mine.  I was super late to the game, so I started binge watching it on Netflix last year, and it is probably my favorite show.  I'm pretty sure I've cried at least once during every episode.   



THREE.  One of my best girlfriends moved to Midland in January, and she is going to be in town this weekend.  I am having breakfast with her and a few other fun girls tomorrow morning, and I can't wait to catch up!


FOUR.  Last night, Griff and I went to the March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction in Cowtown.  We've been going to this event for about 4 years now, and it has become one of my favorite nights of the year.  Chefs from some of the best restaurants in Fort Worth are there to prepare a signature dish.  There were nineteen food stations and two drink stations this year, and everything was fantastic.  My favorites of the night were the beef wellington and sweet potato casserole from Ruth's Chris and the TX Whiskey Pecan Pie from Stir Crazy Baked Goods.  Umm...hello, elastic waist pants!  The live auction was a huge success and a ton of money was raised to save sweet babies like our Izzy.  Such a fun way to support a cause so dear to our hearts.  


FIVE.  Izzy called me into the playroom the other day to see what she had made.  She was so proud, and said, "Look, I made a picture of sister."  I was confused about the green circle magnet, but I didn't question it.  "Oh, good job!" I said, trying to encourage her sweet little creative mind.  She pointed to the magnet in question, and said, "That's Harper's poop."  Annnd, there it is.   




2 comments:

  1. I loooove parenthood and scandal too. I was very late to parenthood as well...can't believe it's ending!

    Come by and say hi www.itsmygirlsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am going to be so sad to see it go!

    ReplyDelete