Thursday, September 25, 2014

Office Before and After

How about a little before and after action on this lovely Thursday, shall we?  I posted about these bookcases that we painted and brought into our office a few weeks ago.  (You can find that post here.)  We finished up just a few days after that post, but I have been obsessing over tweaking the shelves since then.  I'm sure the tweaking will continue, because that's just how I roll.

The After

This room is right off our entry way, and I hated that it was one of the first things people saw when they came over.  I can't believe we didn't do this sooner.  I mean, look at that poor pathetic room.
The Before
I can't lie...I'm feeling pretty fancy about this before and after pic I made in Photoshop.  As you can see, in addition to painting the bookcases, we also painted the walls a nice and neutral gray.  I love how it looks against all the white.


And just as a reminder of what the bookcases originally looked like.  The power of paint never ceases to amaze me.  Overall, I am so pleased with these bookcases.  It's probably my favorite DIY project to date because we got such a big bang for our buck.
The Way Before

Paint colors:
Wall - Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray
Bookcases - Sherwin Williams Simple White
Inside Bookcases - Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze 

No comments:

Post a Comment