Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Favorite Fall Fashions

I love fall fashion.  The thought of boots and scarves, dresses and tights, jeans and jackets, etc., makes me one happy girl.  Add to that a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, and I'm practically giddy.  I thought I'd show you some goodies I've recently added to my closet. And I think it goes without saying that I am no fashion expert.  Let's be honest.  As I type, I am wearing plaid pajama pants.  At 1:00 in the afternoon.  For shame.

To be honest, I didn't realize how much shopping (mostly online - gets me in trouble every time!) I've done lately until I started writing this post.  Oopsies.  Hubs, I advise you to stop reading now.  Loves you. ;-)


The bootie.  Love these, despite the trendy little 20-something Nordstrom employee who sold them to me sharing that her mother has the same pair.  Neat, huh?
Indigo by Clarks Bootie



The chambray shirt.  I have a chambray shirt that I wear all the time (mostly with colored jeans as pictured), so when I saw this, I had to scoop it up.  I love the polka dots!
Old Navy Polka Dot Chambray Shirt

The Boyfriend Khakis.  I can't tell you how long it's been since I've bought a pair of khakis.  A long time, my friends.  I will admit that my mom uniform is made up mostly of workout clothes, so I figured it would be nice to add something casual but decent to the mix other than my standard jeans.  I ordered these in teal, but my first choices, green and burgundy, were sold out in my size.  They were delivered today, and I actually really like the color.  Love the fit.  They are great to pair with heels to dress them up, or with flats to keep it casual. 

Old Navy Pop-Color Boyfriend Khakis

The dress.  I gotta admit, I wasn't sure how I felt about this dress, but I decided to give it a try.  I'm so glad I did.  I really like it.  It's cute and comfortable.  I like that I can wear it now with flats or sandals and with knee boots when the weather gets cooler.  I don't really like it paired with booties as shown.
Old Navy Striped Color-Block Jersey Dress





The scarf.  I love a good scarf.  I mean, who doesn't??  It can instantly change and entire outfit.  I'm excited to add this one to my growing collection. 
 


Old Navy Leopard Infinity Scarf



The striped shirt.  This is not a shirt I would typically purchase.  For teaching, yes.  But for staying at home with my girls, it seems a little too dressy.  But....I've seen it on some of my favorite fashion blogs lately, and I love how they have rolled up the sleeves, paired with shorts, colored jeans, bright jewelry, etc.  Definitely more suitable for this season of my life.  It's a stretch from my normal mom uni, but I'm gonna give it a go. 
 
The Limited Striped Split-V Blouse
 
 
 
The cords.  I've been wanting some for a while now, and I finally found a fit and color that I love at Jcrew.  These are from their regular website, but I found them at a factory store on sale.  You're welcome, hubs. ;-)
Source
Now all I need is for this Texas weather to cooperate so I can actually wear some of this stuff!


3 comments:

  1. I read it all - and I am going to update the budget now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to call your attention to today's post. You know, the one in which I say how awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete