Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One for the Hubs

I post a lot about my girls on this blog.  I also post a lot about crafts, clothes, reality TV...you know, the important stuff.  I kid.  But I don't post a lot about my most favorite person.  My husband. 

A few weeks ago at church, our pastor shared this video after a sermon on marriage.  I got a little teary eyed thinking about how beyond blessed I have been with such a strong and healthy marriage.


 



I have a confession.  I may have just a teeny tiny touch of a stubborn streak.  May have.  Okay, I totally do.  And while I'm usually completely charming, adorable, funny, and easy going, there are times when I'm just a pain in the butt.  Hubs loves me anyway.  He works his tail off so I can stay home with our girls, and I love him for that.  I'm so thankful that he makes me feel like my job at home is just as important as his job at the office.  There is nothing that makes me happier than watching him love our girls.  And boy, does he love them.  He comes home and jumps right into the craziness...playing with the girls, helping with baths, dinner clean-up, bedtime, etc.  He has never uttered the words, "That's your job," or "I worked all day.  What did you do?"  Nope, not my husband.  For that I am incredibly thankful, because I know those words are heard in many homes.  And did I mention he likes to clean and organize??  I know.  I got a good one for sure. 



I can't think of anyone else I'd rather share this crazy life with than you, hubs.  I'd say I want to grow old and gray with you, but in your case, I'll just grow old with you.  Sorry.  Couldn't help myself.  Love you!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet man! As I have gotten to know you both better as a couple, I have really come to admire you both! Izzy and Harper are very blessed girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet friend!! And right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem perfect for each other. John and I are happy that Griff found you. Life is hard; it's nice to share the bumps along the road with someone you love.

    ReplyDelete