Friday, October 10, 2014

Five on Friday

Both kids are napping, the weekend is here, and I'm sipping on a DC from Whataburger (because...classy).  Life is good.  I had no idea what I was going to write today until I started typing, so it's kind of all over the place, which I guess is nothing new.  



ONE. We have no plans tonight or tomorrow, and I couldn't be happier about that.  It feels like we have been playing catch-up for weeks, and I'm sooo excited to have a slow weekend coming our way.

TWO. After church on Sunday, I'm heading to lunch with three of my best friends to celebrate one of our bestie's birthday.  Gotta love girlfriends and fun traditions....and any lunch that includes wine.  Happy birthday, Tracy (aka Terry, aka Martha)!



THREE. Harper and I went to MOPS today while Izzy was at school.  I woke up feeling rather lazy, and toyed with the idea of skipping today.  I'm so glad I didn't.  Our guest speaker was a Child Psychiatrist who talked about the love languages of children.  I came away with some great information, and a better picture of the parent I want to be for my daughters.  I'd call that a win.  I will likely dedicate a post to what I gleaned from his talk next week.  

FOUR. I came across two blog posts this week that really spoke to where I am in this stage of my life.  Being a stay at home mom is a huge blessing, and a privilege that I do not take for granted, but there are so many days when I feel like "just a mom."  It is so refreshing to read something that validates my feelings and confirms that they are totally normal for this season of life.  They are both definitely worth a read:

FIVE.  I feel like I need these shoes.  That is all.
via Nordstrom

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you all have a fun weekend, and as always, thanks for stopping by!!  Linking up with Hello Happiness, Momfessionals, and September Farm again this week!



Momfessionals

1 comment:

  1. Yay for lazy, unplanned weekends!!! I love those shoes!!! I think you need them. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete