Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Monday

Today started off with good intentions.  I woke up a little behind schedule, but still managed to fit a little quiet time in.  The girls were fed and clothed with minimal drama.  I dropped Izzy off at school, and then Harper and I headed to the gym.  We walked in, and the power at the gym had just gone off.  Nobody seemed to know what was going on.  I overheard talk about people stuck in the elevator and that they should have enough oxygen to last awhile.  What the what?!  It was chaotic, and we very quickly turned around and walked out.

Hey, no problem, Monday.  I got this.  We will just go home and run in the neighborhood with the jogging stroller.  It's a beautiful day, and I probably should have just planned on running outside all along.  (These are the kind of things I was trying to tell myself in order to remain calm, cool, and collected after driving 25 minutes to the gym for no good reason.)  I talked up Harper's fun ride in the stroller as best I know how on the drive home.  Inside the house we went to gather up snacks, drinks, keys, etc., and then we headed back out to the garage to load up in the jogging stroller.  Only, this is what we found.

So, we took the umbrella stroller out for a quick walk, and then we went back to the house and ate cake.  I mean, I felt like it was the right thing to do.  

Happy Monday, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment