Thursday, October 9, 2014

Photography for Dummies

Griff took these photos of the girls a few weeks ago, and I just love them.  We were out playing in the driveway, and the evening light was perfect.  Photos like these make me realize that we need to start using our camera more often.  We have a Nikon D7000, but most often, we just take pictures with our iPhones.  To tell you the truth, I don't really even know how to use our camera.  I mean, I've got the whole point and shoot thing down, but as far as understanding how everything works, what settings to use, and what it's really capable of...not so much.  Griff and I have talked about taking an online photography course of some sort for awhile now.  Listen, we aren't trying to start a photography business here.  We just want to take beautiful photos of our children, vacations, etc., and I think it would be something fun to learn together.  I've been looking at the Photography 101 class from Shoot Fly Shoot, and I think it might be a good option for us.  If you have any experience with this course, or something similar, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  





No comments:

Post a Comment