Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Good Food and Broken Stuff

Looks like this week has almost gotten away from me.  It happens.  I was so happy to welcome Monday this week.  Griff was gone from Thursday morning to Sunday afternoon, and while I love my children dearly, mama was ready to lock herself in her room for a break.

Over the weekend, I tried two new recipes, and I thought they were both worth sharing as they were quite tasty.

John Wayne Casserole - recipe and photo credit found here

I made this casserole early in the day, and put it in the fridge without baking it.  I took it to my parents' house for dinner that night, so I just baked it over there.  This recipe would be perfect to make for new moms, sick friends, potlucks, etc.



Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - recipe and photo credit found here


This stuff is amazing.  It is especially good if you warm it up and slap either a little butter on it...or, if you really want to get fancy, some brown sugar and cinnamon cream cheese.  Not that I would know or anything.  Ahem.  My little sidekick helped with the zucchini bread.  She was a skeptic at first.  "Zucchini is gross.  Nobody will want to eat this."  Sweet little dear.



Don't worry.  She quickly changed her tune.  "Harper I tried that pumpkin cornbread (ha!), and it was delicious!"


Thank ya'll so much for the feedback on the picture frames.  I've decided to go with option #2.  One of the frames arrived yesterday...completely shattered.  Awesome.


2 comments:

  1. Just found your adorable blog and am stopping by to say hello. That pumpkin/zucchini bread looks absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, the bread is a must-bake for fall...so good!!

      Delete