Friday, October 28, 2011

Master Bedroom Makeover - The Reveal

I know ya'll are just beside yourselves waiting to see my master bedroom.  What's that?  You haven't been losing any sleep over it?  Shameful, I tell you. 

Okay, so to refresh your memory, this is what we were working with about a month and a half ago.     
Don't worry, I'm not a complete slob.  This was taken after hubs started moving furniture to get started on the makeover.

And, for another refresher, here are the inspiration pictures:




Ahhh....all very swoon-worthy, right?



And without further ado, here she be:
quite possibly my new favorite room in the house

Those are the same pillows I had before.  I'm on the lookout for some new ones.  And do me a favor, and imagine a bedskirt - another thing on my list to buy.   

After searching high and low for some new lamps, I ended up getting these from Target, the first place I went.  Standard.  Sorry for doubting you, Tarjay.  The search for a mirror kept me pretty busy, too.  I landed on this one from Hobby Lobby when it was half-off.  I don't buy anything full price at Hob Lob.  It's against my religion.  The mirror ended up being $140 LESS than the one I really wanted from Z Gallerie, and I think it looks pretty good.  Score!

This tv was actually in our living room.  Hubs worked the system to get a bigger one for the living room and moved this one into our room.  The sconces are from Home Interior, and I've had them forever. The mirrored jewelry box came from Costco, of all places - thank you for your excellent scouting skills, Katie!  The mirror used to be over the dresser.  I would eventually like to get a full-length mirror or a leaner mirror for that wall.  The empty frame on the dresser is from Hob Lob.  I desperately need to order photos. 

The picture was $12 at Garden Ridge.  That store overwhelms me.

I like the dresser decor.  I especially like that the only thing I had to buy was the owl, and I already had the rest.  Candlesticks from Home Interior (which I think is now called Celebrating Home), white vase from Ikea, glass vase - not sure, maybe Target or Wal-mart? The shells are from beach vacations, wire bowl from Marshall's.

This little guy is the only thing from the dresser grouping that I bought recently.  He's from Kirklands, and I think he's pretty cute.  Under $5, I think.

My side of the bed.  We've had those pictures that are hanging above our nightstands since we got married.  They were stashed away in the extra bedroom, so I put them to work.  I bought the mirrored frame at Ross, and I already had the little one. 



I orderd this photo ledge from Pottery Barn, and I used frames I already had.  I might replace them with more gallery style frames someday, but these work for now.




I'm very happy with the way it turned out.  Just changing the layout was a huge improvement, so the rest was just icing on the cake.  I think some crown molding and hardwood floors would be the perfect touch, but I'm not gonna push my luck.  Oh, and now hubs wants to hang the living room tv on the wall, too.  I've created a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment