Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pinterest: It's What's For Dinner

I've tried quite a few recipes from Pinterest lately, and surprisingly enough, I haven't struck out with any of them yet.  Easy is the theme with these recipes, which is the number one quality I look for when trying out new dishes.  These have my stamp of approval, and they will definitely be added to the normal rotation around here.  If you try them and don't like them, don't come crying to me I hope we'll still be friends.

*Please note all photos were found via Pinterest.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?


1. Crockpot Italian Chicken - So simple.  I've already made this one three times.  Lovin' it!
Click here for recipe



2. Slow Cooker Potato Soup - Great for hanging out in your fat pants on a rainy day.  Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Click here for recipe



3. Crockpot Lasagna - My cousin mentioned making a crockpot lasagna on Facebook a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd check Pinterest for a recipe.  This stuff is the bomb.com.  I seriously didn't expect it to be so delicious.  We had this for dinner two nights in a row this week, and hubs and I may or may not have helped ourselves to seconds both nights.  It's even Izzy-approved.  Can I get an amen?
Click here for recipe
( I used 2 jars of Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic pasta sauce, and I used ground beef instead of sausage.)



4. Lime Infused, Honey Crusted Chicken - I made kabobs with this recipe, and hubs grilled them up.  Served them over brown rice.  Pretty tasty.
Click here for recipe
(I used chipotle chili pepper instead of cayenne pepper)



5. Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake - I liked this one more than hubs did, but he doesn't get too excited about veggies.
  Click here for recipe

6. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Filled Crescent Rolls - I've also tried these with nutella, and as you can imagine...ah-mazing.
Pretty self-explanatory, but click here for recipe



7. S'mores Cookie Bars - You might remember me drooling over these little puppies in this post, but I thought it couldn't hurt to give them another shout-out.  Delish!

Click here for the recipe



8. Mini Pumpkin Pies - So cute and so tasty!  These would be perfect for a holiday party or any sort of shower.  You make them the same way you make your regular pumpkin pie, but you just cut the dough in little circles and fit them in the muffin tin cups.  The best thing about these little babies is that they are small, so if you have two or three of them, you've technically only eaten one slice of pie.  No?  Crap.

Click here for recipe


My super complicated (heavy sarcasm) pumpkin pie recipe:


Follow the recipe on the back of the can, and double the cinnamon and ginger
 (a tip from the mother-in-law)


If you try any of the recipes, I'd love to hear from you.







No comments:

Post a Comment