Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days of Fall Favorites :: Day 18 Apple Jack-O-Lantern Stamps

I had good intentions with this little craft.  Unfortunately for me, good intentions don't always equal good results.  I saw this idea online and thought Izzy would love it.  Even better, we had all the supplies we needed.  That almost never happens, so this craft was a no-brainer. 

To make the jack-o-lantern stamp, I cut an apple in half (vertically) and carefully carved out little triangles for the eyes, nose, and mouth. I'm guessing where we went wrong is with the paint (maybe we put too much...maybe we didn't use enough...who knows), because when Izzy stamped it, the first words out of her mouth were, "That doesn't look like a pumpkin." I had to agree with my 3.5 year-old. It sure didn't. But she didn't really seem to mind, and she kept on a stampin'. So, this isn't exactly the cute fall craft I envisioned, but she had fun doing it.  That's all that really matters anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment