Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Days of Fall Favorites :: Day 5 Halloween Spiderweb "Wreath"

It all started with this picture I found on Pinterest.

Source

I just loved this idea, but I wanted to put my own spin on it (no pun intended...I crack myself up).  I went to Hobby Lobby in search of a frame, but the only one that I found that had the shape I was looking for happened to be red.  It was actually really pretty, but not for this project.  I didn't let the color get in my way.  No sir.  I bought a can of orange spray paint, some black yarn, and I found the perfect little spider dude at Walmart - he actually came in a two pack.  I actually didn't even read the directions for the spider web.  I just winged it.  My usual tactic. 


After I painted the frame, I started hot gluing my yarn to it. 


And just kept gluing.  I looped the yarn around each other in the middle, so it would all stay together.


Then I started tying another piece of yarn to each string to make it look like a spiderweb.  To be honest, it would look better if you did this a few times around, but my patience was wearing thin.


I hot glued my spider in place, using a felt furniture pad on the back side.  How's that for crafty?


And here she is!


I hung it on the mirror, so it was kind of hard to get a good picture, but I think it looks really cute! 

2 comments:

  1. That's cute. I don't know how you find time to make stuff like this with two babies in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My projects are usually spread over several day's worth of evenings and naptimes.

    ReplyDelete