Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Fall Favorites :: Day 2 Running Songs

I went running last night, and it was actually kind of enjoyable.  Don't get carried away.  I said kinda.  After Izzy was born, I sort of took up running, and ran two 1/2 marathons before she was one.  My times weren't anything to write home about, but I was just happy to finish.  I don't know where that girl or her motivation went, but all she left behind was a mean craving for candy corn. 
 
It was hard to find the motivation, much less the time, to workout after Harper was born.  I couldn't take her to the gym for the first 6 months, and we only have a single jogging stroller, so it was hard to get a workout in while juggling both girls.  Thankfully, I've been back to the gym for a few months now, mostly doing group classes.  Turbo Kick and Body Pump are my current favorites.  I get a great workout and the time flies. 

source


Running, on the other hand, has been more difficult to get back into.  After taking so much time off from running, it's literally like I'm learning to run again...at least as far as strength and endurance goes.  Since Izzy has been back to school, I've been trying to run with Harper in the jogging stroller.  It's getting easier, but I still have a long ways to go before it becomes "fun" and comfortable again.  I guess it's not really supposed to be comfortable, but you know what I mean. 
 
Anyway...(kinda rambled on for awhile there) while I was running last night and enjoying this nice fall weather, I thought it might be fun to do a post on running songs since this is the best time of year (in my opinion) to ease into running if you are a beginner or a "begin-againer" as myself.  I have to listen to music if I'm running by myself.  It's non-negotiable.  The right music can absolutely change your running experience.  In fact, I had to stop and walk a little last night, and as soon as "Call Me Maybe" came on the iPod, I was up and running again.  Say what you want about that song, but my scale is thankful for it. 

source


So, here we go.  These are some of my favorite running songs.  No judging, people. ;-) 

1. Get Me Bodied - Beyonce
2. How Far We've Come - Matchbox 20
3. I'll Be Waiting - Adele
4. I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
5. My Doorbell - The White Stripes
6. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
7. Just Dance - Lady Gaga
8. Good Girl - Carrie Underwood
9. Fortunate Son - Creedance Clearwater Revival
10. Black Betty - Ram Jam
11. Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
12. King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
13. Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift
14. American Girl - Tom Petty
15. What Doesn't Kill You - Kelly Clarkson
16. Runaways - The Killers
17. Springsteen - Eric Church
18. Wild Ones - Flo Rida
19. Lose Control - Missy Elliot
20. Baby - Justin Bieber (I said no judging)

Let me know if you have any favorites I need to add to my playlist!

4 comments:

  1. Just so there is not confusion, I am not a runner...AT ALL. But I have spent some time on a treadmill and one of my favorites is the classic. Justin Timberlake/Madonna collaboration: 4 minutes. That and Britney Spears Piece of Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally forgot about 4 Minutes! Gotta get that one! And I was thisclose to putting Piece of Me on my list. I should have - it's definitely a favorite. Love me some Britney. Gimme More is another good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great playlist. I've already got a few of those songs. I have also done a half marathon but I can barely run 3 miles right now! Gonna try to keep on running.
    Michele
    www.frommyorangedesk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya, Michele! It's crazy how fast you lose endurance after you stop running for awhile. Gotta start somewhere though! Good luck adding on the miles!

    ReplyDelete