Saturday, October 27, 2012

31 Days of Fall Favorites :: Day 24 Pumpkin and Cheese Spice Bread

I got my Betty Crocker on this morning.  Well, I'm not sure that Betty Crocker bakes with Starbucks in hand (pumpkin spice latte - holla!) and the Pearl Jam station on Pandora, but she definitely should.  I was very excited about this recipe, and I'm sad to report that I am underwhelmed. 

source
It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I expected.  Mainly the cream cheese part.  I thought it would be sweeter, and it just tasted a little off.  I really did like the rest of the bread though.  I would definitely make this again after tweaking the cream cheese mixture a bit.  It makes a pretty little loaf that would be ideal as Christmas gifts for the neighbors.  If you have a recipe similar to this or advice on how to tweak it, please share!  Find the full recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment