Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days of Fall Favorites :: Day 6 Crockpot Pasta e Fajioli

source

I rarely go to the Olive Garden, but when I do, I always order the same thing: pasta e fagioli, salad, and breadsticks. Makes for a tasty little meal. I came across this copy cat recipe on Pinterest, and had to try it. It did not disappoint. I thought it was delicious - almost the same as the real deal.
I happened to have some of these in the freezer, so they played the part of the breadstick. Ahhhmazing.


source
Now all that's missing is that delicious salad.  I've seen several copy cat recipes for OG salad dressing, but I've never attempted any.  If you have any tried and true recipes, send 'em my way!

Pasta e Fajoili Recipe: click here for step-by-step instructions with photos.  It's like cooking for dummies, which is right up my alley.  Hope you like it!  And if you don't, "No soup for you!"

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, and WW friendly as well. We will be trying this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the soup. I added one chopped bell pepper and extra carrots, onions and celery. I left out the meat, the pasta, and the parsley. Okay, so I made a totally different soup. But it was delicious, and it had the flavor of the Olive Garden soup with fewer WW points. I'm not a big meat lover. I did use the beef broth, so it wasn't strictly vegetarian. It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete