Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days of Fall Favorites :: Day 8 DIY Fall Wreath

I was checking out Decor Chick!, one of my favorite blogs, and I came across this fall wreath tutorial.  I wasn't really even planning on making a new fall wreath, but I decided I had to try this out.  Harper and I headed to Hobby Lobby the very next day while Izzy was at school to get all the supplies.  If you are in need of a nice wreath, I definitely recommend making one instead of buying an overpriced pre-made one.  The supplies for this one were about $30.  You may even have some of the supplies on hand to bring the cost down. 

I started with a grapevine wreath, floral wire, two stands of garland, and a few pics

An adorable assistant is not mandatory, but highly recommended

I used the floral wire to secure the garland.  I ended up cutting off about 1/3 of the second strand.  You could definitely get by with only one strand, but your wreath won't be as full.  I hot glued some of the stray leaves into place, and then glued the pics and pumpkins (which I already had) into place.  Easy peasy - took less than 30 minutes.

Not too shabby, eh?



I love me some wreaths.  Next fall decor project to check off the list is painted pumpkins.  Hopefully we can tackle that one this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I tried really hard to come up with a snooty comment about your craftiness. It seems I'm all out. So I'll settle for this...it appears you are winning this bet "fo shiz" and I am merely an awestruck blog-reader. Sigh......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your blog post and cracked up! I should definitely take notes from you and kick the junk out of my diet...after the holidays, of course. ;-) Love your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete